19 January 2010

15 minutes of Kleos

I wonder how I am supposed to summarize myself in just a few short sentences. Dive right in, I suppose. My name is Ruth Book, and this is my fifth and final semester here at CSU-Pueblo. In May, I I will graduating high school and moving onto bigger (though not necessarily better, since there's no Donna) places. Right now, my major is "unclassified," simply because that is necessitated by the state of Colorado.

I plan to become an Enlgish major with a minor in Music, where I will hopefully move on to becoming a publisher and/or an editor. I often write in my spare time, (yeah, right! Who has any of that?) which in fact is the time when some of my teachers are lecturing. I have found that I cannot write when my mind is blank; only when it is full of other ideas do the real epiphanies flow. I could never solely be a writer, because I would quickly run out of money. As long as I am working elsewhere, I am able to write.

From this class, I hope to gather a broader perspective on all things rhetorical, including my arguing skills. You never know when that is going to come in handy.

1 comment: